Saturday, January 10, 2009

Are there any technologies that interest you?

A student asked if there are any technologies that interest me.

Thanks for asking. The short answer - YES. I love this course because I'm really interested in how communities / society / people everywhere can benefit from technology in general and the internet in particular.

Throughout the course, there are discussions and activities that look at many different aspects of this connection. I'm particularly interested in how technologies can help people to be the best that they can be - education and health care in remote areas, assistive technologies to overcome disabilities and injury, collaborative problem solving by experts all over the world, support for community leaders who are working to make the world a better place...

And every class introduces me to new and exciting developments in all these areas.
.

No comments: